Main Picture

Main Picture

Friday, January 8, 2010

Dateable

I am reading this book called Dateable: Are you? Are they? by Justin Lookadoo and Hayley Morgan and it is really good...REALLY good. I have not finished it but no more than I have read I would advise anyone to read this no matter if you are in a relationship, about to be, or completely single. It has some serious stuff that could help save people a lot of heartache. So this brings me to this post. I have been in some relationships before and who knows how many I will or will not be in later down the road. So I am starting over starting with this...this is proof.

This book is all about relationships and starts off by talking about how to approach your relationships. The first thing is that you should look at each relationship as if it IS going to end eventually...until you get to the years where marriage is a serious possibility then things change. That way you can appreciate your time with that person and yet not devote your whole life to it. The point is by realizing that and acting accordingly each person can succeed and live with excitement and passion (not romantic passion, but a passion for life). I am gonna start by answering some questions about the relationships I will have in the future.

How do I want to be remembered? When he thinks of me I want him to remember me as a great girlfriend. I want him to know that I am precious and valuable. When it ends, he will not know everything about me. He will not have seen or experienced all that I am. He will leave wanting more.

How will I act to get him to feel that way? I am going to be mysterious. I am going to pace my secret sharing. I am not going to give in sexually. He will not just come in and get what he wants from me. I will protect myself so there will be so much of me he hasn't seen., doesn't know, and hasn't touched. I am going to be cool, fun, and exciting. I will keep doing stuff with my friends. I will try new things. I will not be timid, but I will be confident in who I am. I will most importantly remain true to God and myself.

In closing, I have made lots of mistakes in life in general and with relationships, but I am going at it in a totally different way this time. It will take time and I am going to have to completely trust God, but that's how it should be and as the book says, "The great romancer wants to romance you. He wants to show you the sunsets and give you the falling stars. He wants to give you your dreams, your desires, your destiny." I want to keep my focus on the right person and HIS plan for my life.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I lovelovelove this book! It made me look at dating and relationships in such a different manner. I'm glad it's changing your perspective, too!