Main Picture

Main Picture

Sunday, November 7, 2010

I Now Appreciate My Mother More Than Ever

My sweet boyfriend got sick last night and has been sick since then. He had a terrible headache all day and then last night he actually got sick and had a fever of almost 102 degrees. I, being his nurse, stayed with him and was up for the majority of the night checking on him, trying to bring his fever down with the fan on, and a cold washcloth on his forehead every half hour or so.

Finally at 6 this morning he took some medicine and it made his fever go down, but just when we thought he was better his fever came back. We are both really tired from lack of sleep, he is really hungry too because he hasn't had anything but water and some soup to eat. We have been laying around all day, watching football and Charlie St. Cloud. But his fever is being very stubborn and not going down. Right now it is 99.8 degrees, but I just don't know what's wrong with him or what to do.

It is now more than ever that I appreciate my mom and moms all over the world. Thank you for staying up countless nights with me when I was sick. For taking my temperature every thirty minutes and doing everything humanly possible to make me feel better. I now know a little more of what it is like and I can never thank you enough for everything you have done. I love you mom.

Please be praying for Zach, since he is still sick. :) Thanks!

No comments: